Professor Köszegi will give “Five Lectures on Behavioral Organizational and Industrial Economics”
- Lectures 1 & 2: Reference-Dependent Preferences.
- (a) Introduction to modeling reference-dependent utility.
- (b) Contracting with loss-averse agents.
- (c) Pricing to loss-averse consumers.
- Lecture 3: Contracting with Overconfident Agents.
- Lecture 4: Present Bias.
- (a) Introduction to hyperbolic discounting.
- (b) Present-biased consumers in the marketplace.
- Lecture 5: Unrealistic Expectations and Misguided Learning
A reading list and more material will be made available closer to the event.